Our volunteers are organized according to the area of work of their own choice and according to their skills and abilities. The teams have different tasks within the different departments which include:
- Office work
- Assisting patients at the Day Therapy Unit and helping with activities such as baking and preparing and serving refreshments during day care, crafts, hairdressing and beauty treatments
- Assisting patients during hydrotherapy sessions
- Driving patients to and from the Day Therapy Unit and outpatient appointments
- Oncology Hospital van – accompanying patients on the hospice coach shuttle service to and from outpatient appointments
- Visiting patients at home, in hospital and in residential homes
- Bereavement support
- Helping with supervising and accompanying the children during activities and outings at the Children’s Summer Club
- Office work and Reception duties
- Office work
- Planning for and/or participating in Fundraising events
On joining the Hospice a volunteer receives orientation and training in the mission and values, history, and services of the Movement. Experienced volunteers accompany new ones once they are ready to take up tasks and until they are comfortable in their role.
Would you like to be part of our team? With just a few hours a week you could make a positive difference in someone’s life.