Hospice Malta offers Palliative Care to the patient and support to the family and works together with existing Health & Social Services.
Procedure to refer a patient to Hospice
- A Hospice referral form can be found on the Hospice website. You can also call Hospice Malta on 21440085 for the referral form to be sent by e mail or post. The form can also be collected from the Hospice Malta premises.
- The form has to be filled in and signed by a medical doctor and sent back to Hospice. The quickest route would be to scan and send the referral via e mail to email@example.com
- A Hospice representative will contact you within 24 working hours.
- An explanation will be given re Hospice service. Advice will also be given when necessary during the first telephone call.
- The Hospice nurse will then follow up with a home visit usually within 5 working days following the first call.