Hospice Malta announces winning tickets of their annual lottery draw that took place on the morning of 15th July in the presence of a representative from the Malta Gaming Authority.
The winning ticket numbers are as follows:
- First prize: Volkswagen UP! (Ticket Number 2751255)
- Second prize: Daikin 12,000 BTU air conditioner from M.A.& A. Services Ltd (Ticket Number 0510024)
- Third prize: Smart TV from A to Z Electronics (Ticket Number 0416342)
- Fourth prize: Hand-painted volcanic stone table from Mediterranean Ceramics (Ticket Number 2612303)
- Fifth prize: 1 night stay on bed and breakfast basis at the Hilton Malta (Ticket Number 0282909)
The winners are being contacted by Hospice Malta.
Hospice Malta Chairperson Bernadette Bonnici Kind thanked the public for their immense support with these fundraising initiatives. “As an NGO providing free palliative care services to more than 1,300 families in Malta and Gozo each year, Hospice Malta relies heavily on fundraising initiatives such as this to continue to provide its services free of charge to the community. Running costs to Hospice Malta amount to just over €1,000,000 annually, with care being provided in the form of home care, day therapy services, care assistant services, equipment loans and much more.”
The proceeds collected from the lottery will go towards works at St Michael Hospice; a major refurbishment of the former Cini Institute that was donated to Hospice Malta by the Archdiocese of Malta last year. The project will transform the property into a new palliative care complex for Hospice patients.
Founded in 1989, Hospice Malta’s primary role is to provide and promote palliative care services to patients suffering from cancer, motor-neuron disease, end-of-life, cardiac, respiratory, renal and liver diseases.
Lottery DPL number: MGA/NPG/487/2019